St John's Junior School
The Lake School, Kilkenny City.
School Closure Notice
Due to Covid-19 the school is currently closed under instruction from the Department of Education and Skills until further notice. Should you wish to contact the school please phone: 0871948881 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates and quick links:
- School term finished on Wednesday 24th of June. We hope everyone has a lovely summer holiday and keeps well.
- The school is closed. The office will reopen on Tuesday 25th August.
- School will re-open on September 1st. We will contact parents the week before school re-opens and we will upload details to the website on the procedures for returning to school from the Department of Education and Skills.
- A virtual tour for all the incoming junior infant children is available here .
- Details of School Uniform are available here.
- Parents can apply for book rental scheme in September. Book lists are available here.
- Dates for school holidays next year are available here.
- The Summer Stars Reading Adventure will run from today, Monday June 22nd until Friday August 28th in Kilkenny. This is a great way to keep up the reading over the summer. Click here for more info.
Fáilte go Scoil Eoin Naofa na Sóisear
WELCOME - FÁILTE - BEMVINDO - WÍTAM WAS - BENVENUTO
St. John's Junior School is situated in Michael St. in St. John's Parish in Kilkenny city. It is one of only 32 schools in the 26 counties which cater exclusively for younger children, i.e Junior Infants to Second class.
There are presently 200 children on roll, and the staff consists of the principal, Ms Mary O'Neill and sixteen teaching staff. The school shares a Home/School Liaison Teacher with St. John's Senior School, and employs three Special Needs Assistants. The staff also includes a Secretary and a Caretaker.
In addition to the normal academic programme the school also provides tuition in gymnastics, swimming, choir, violin, recorder, Taekwondo and GAA skills. St John's N.S. is situated in a very scenic area in Kilkenny city, overlooking the River Nore and Kilkenny City Library. The classrooms have panoramic views of Kilkenny Castle, the Tholsel, and St. Marys Cathedral.